By Popular Demand, Procurement Services introduces the new Hotel & Event Services request form!
Did you know that you can use your Travel Card for purchases such as hotel room blocks and catering for events? To provide the University community with guidance and a method of managing requests pertaining to hotel and event services that are being paid via a Travel Card and require a document to be signed, a new form is available in HuskyBuy on the Home Shopping Page under Internal Request Forms. Continue reading
In efforts to simplify and streamline the expense report process we have recently updated the guidelines for cancelled tickets originally purchased through Concur or Anthony travel.
As soon as you know that your trip needs be cancelled, reach out to Anthony travel to request the cancellation and request a refund. Continue reading
In an effort to incorporate your feedback and provide an enhanced solution for Student Travel we are excited to announce the new Student Travel Card program and process that will replace the current Student Declining balance card program effective today January 18th, 2022. Graduate Assistants, Graduate Interns and Post-Docs will continue to use the employee process and the employee Travel cards. Continue reading
We have seen an increase in the number of travelers attempting to claim Per Diem reimbursement in combination with Individual Actual Meals on the same expense report. Travelers must choose to use either the Per Diem or Actuals method for meal expenses on a single trip.
What are the Actuals and Per Diem methods?
- Actuals – The maximum reimbursement for actual meal costs, including tax and tips.
- Each meal expense is added to a Concur expense report under the expense type of Individual actual Meals.
- Receipts are required for expenses over $25.00 out of pocket or over $50.00 if purchased using the UConn travel card.
- The allowable amount is calculated on a daily basis and is not aggregated over the entire period of the trip.
- Per Diem – Daily allowances paid to employees to cover meal costs incurred while on a UConn business trip. The Daily allowance or Meal Per diem is added to the Concur expense report via creation of a Travel Allowance Itinerary. Travelers using this method would NOT be eligible to use their travel card for individual meal purchases on the same trip.
Are you traveling and feel unsure about where to start or what to do? Take a look at our quick reference guide that covers general information that is useful to know before, during and after travel.
We are excited to announce the official University go-live of the Concur Travel and Expense system.
As of April 22, 2020, all employees (including graduate assistants, graduate interns, and post-docs) should utilize Concur and Key Travel to book, request, and expense travel. There is a detailed overview of this transition (cutover plan), including how you should handle travel that began before 4/22, the requirements for pre-approval for travel booked prior to 4/22, and how to utilize your Unused Ticket Credits with Sanditz.
If you have not yet applied for a University Travel Card, it is recommended that you do so as it will contribute to a more seamless travel experience. To obtain a Travel Card you must complete the required training and then submit an application for approval. Once the application is approved, it will take 7 – 10 business days for you to receive the card. Because faculty and staff are working remotely due to COVID-19, Travel Cards will be mailed to the home address you provide on your application. Continue reading